The Simmons Slicer is back in production!!! We expect to have 9-10 available by September of this year.
This picture shows Julie Eakes’ face cane on the very first slicer, made in 2012. Julie is using her slicer to this day to slice even larger canes.
The picture below shows my canes lined up on the 5-inch-wide slicing surface so that they can be sliced all at once. This is the way I use the slicer most often.
The picture below shows the current, improved slicer being used to cut a “Master Cane” in my latest workshop.
- Overall dimensions: 11.5” wide x 14.75” long x 16.75” tall.
- Weight is just under 13 pounds.
- Maximum slice area: 5” wide x 4.5” tall.
- Maximum cane length: about 5”.
- Minimum slice thickness: 1/64” although consistency is better at 1/32″
- The slicer can be disassembled for easier packing.
- Several accessories are available.
- Price $850 plus shipping.
The Simmons Polymer Clay Slicer is only meant for use with uncured (unhardened) polymer clay. Users must follow all safety precautions listed in the “Instructions for Use.” NEVER use it with food or allow food to contact it.
HOW TO ORDER A SLICER
The slicers are manufactured in small batches. There is already a waiting list. To add your name to the waiting list FILL OUT THIS FORM. This is the ONLY way to add your name to the waiting list.
PLEASE NOTE: If you filled out the form prior to May 1, 2018, we ask that you fill it out again so that we can update our records.