Learn about color, caning, nature and form through playful exploration in this 6-day intermediate/advanced polymer clay workshop. Students must have had previous experience with Skinner blends and cane construction to qualify.
Taking our inspiration from nature, art and fine crafts, we will use very thin slices of polymer clay canes to construct multi-layered, fantasy flowers with interchangeable parts.
This is a great way to explore color and form because the parts can be combined and recombined until just the right combination of colors and forms is achieved.
In the process of creating your own, unique flowers, you will learn how to:
- Mix luscious colors and blends,
- Create stunning, coordinated color combinations,
- Construct a wide variety of canes,
- Create 3-dimensional sculptural forms
- Combine components into a table-top sculpture, wall art, or wearable art.
You will also be introduced to some of the many variations of flower parts in nature (petals, centers, leaves, stamens, pistils, tendrils and pods.)
This is a great follow-up to my 6-day Master Cane workshop.